Friday, March 20, 2009

Annotated Bibliography: Library Digital Initiative

My annotated bibliography for IMS 201 was based on digitalization, preservation, and digital initiatives. I became interested in it after we toured the digital initiatives office at Miami and thought that more research on it would be interesting as well.

My article, which describes Harvard's digital initiatives program, talks about how the program was created, funded, and how it functions. The program was created in 1998 and will continue to receive funding until 2010. It was created to support the large amount of resources that Harvard continues to collect in an organized, coordinated way.

I thought this was an important article for my topic because it provided another example of another school that uses digital initiatives to organize their history.

1 comment:

ahartsell said...

I bet Harvard has some great resources. It's great that they'll be proving more access to more people by digitizing some of these resources.